Friday, January 22, 2010

Jazz concert

Today has been a bit like the jazz concert I went to last night. Lots of improvisation on a theme with some parts not quite recognizable to an untrained ear. The beauty of course is that the composer/conductor delights in the music which results. I'm thinking that God is smiling on the many attempts to respond to the massive quake of 10 days ago. Whether we gather information and pray, give or go, the combination of all of us doing the best we can with what we are given, is music to His ears.


"Listen" with me to the variations on a theme of Hope I heard today.




Reflections on "looting" in Haiti:

My favorite: "The smile seen round the world; CNN.s Jeanne Moos on a Haitian kid's you-saved-my-life grin."

Reflections on the earthquake from a leading Haitian theologian:

A glimpse at Haiti's economic dependence on tourism:

My interview today, with Ephesians Vision Ministry, a ministry based in Central Oregon:

Last night's local news update about David:




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the updates and inspiration as to how to direct my prayer for these people. It is so awesome to see how God is answering prayers and drawing the lost close to Him! We will continue to pray for David's health and safe return home! Love you guys- The Boles

    ReplyDelete