Friday, January 22, 2010

David was at Bolosse today


In the short email he sent me tonight, he mentioned that he was at Bolosse yesterday and today. Samaritan's Purse hopes to put in a water filtration system there to provide safe drinking water for the 2500 people camping on the campus and the surrounding community.


It is so uncanny to me how my posts and David's activities on the field in Haiti are dove-tailing with each other. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that God can draw my heart and thoughts to what he is doing. And even so, we miss each other on the internet....playing tag with our messages. So, again I rest in the knowledge that he is where he is supposed to be.


My thoughts turn to the many hours I spent with David on that campus while we were dating.
It is there I met dear friends Boxley and Joyce Boggs and some of their five sons. Boxley and Joyce have finely tuned gifts of encouragement and hospitality and always had room at their table for the bachelor with the empty pantry. They have blessed our family many times. Now they are in Texas; Boxley was on his way to Haiti for a week to respond to the crisis but got stranded in Florida during the backlog at the airport and had to turn back to Texas. I know he is watching and reading the unfolding events in Haiti with insightful prayer.


Roger and Karen See were there also with their three children. The kids are grown with kids of their own, and now Roger has returned to Bolosse as part of the CrossWorld crisis team. Roger grew up in Haiti and lived at Bolosse as an adult for many years. I pray for him as he ministers to the missionaries and displaced people camping on his old home site.


1 comment:

  1. This is such a neat post, Cindy. I see you have the Pyes blog on your sidebar. Her post from yesterday was just heartbreaking to me. I'm sure she is echoing the feelings of many.

    ReplyDelete